Friday 22 June 2018

You Won’t Believe What Happens Next

Almost eight years ago I registered a domain name with the hope of building a “hub” for bloggers and maybe writing about a few things I’d learned through blogging and online marketing.

I had absolutely no idea how that one website would end up changing my life forever.

And it’s with all those memories in mind (good and bad) that I write this post with some with some very garbled emotions.

Firstly, I am absolutely thrilled to let you know what’s about to happen here on Blog Tyrant – it’s going to be massive and very exciting to watch! On the other hand, however, I’m a little sad to let you know that this will be my last ever post.

A lot changes over eight years.

One of those changes for me was realizing that I had taken Blog Tyrant as far as I could and that the extraordinary community (more on you in a second!) deserves something better, something more regular, and someone with a lot more expertise.

And with that I’m happy to announce that Blog Tyrant has been acquired by serial entrepreneur, WordPress expert, and all round good guy, Syed Balkhi from WPBeginner, who is going to take this site to incredible new heights.

Aside from WPBeginner, Syed is also the co-founder of popular WordPress plugins like OptinMonster, WPForms, and MonsterInsights.

I’m taking some time to reach out to people personally and express my gratitude, so I’m not going to do a long list here.

But it would be insane of me not to mention the wonderful, bizarre, patient and, above all, generous community here on Blog Tyrant who have left well over 20,000 comments.

You made this blog what it is.

Thank you.

Please continue that tradition now and give Syed a huge welcome. Stick around because I can assure you that this site is only going to get better.

You won’t believe what happens next…



from Blog Tyrant: How to Start a Blog and Work from the Couch https://ift.tt/2yA3SlL

No comments:

Post a Comment